L5R Search Engine Search Hints
- "And" versus "Or" searches
If you enter "Hida Kisada" or "Kisada&Hida" in the Title, you get only the personality "Hida Kisada".
These are "And" searches.
However if you enter "Hida|Kisada" in the search you get results such as "Hida Technique"
and "Kisada's Funeral" as well as good ol' Hida Kisada! This is an example of an "Or" search.
- Partial matches (wildcards)
By default the search will partially match the phrase you enter in. Eg if you enter in "Flee the dark" then it will
find "Flee the Darkness". For matching within a string, you can use wildcards. For example:
- "Flee*Darkness" will find "Flee the Darkness"
- "Ancestral*Unicorn" will find the Unicorn Armor, Standard and Sword.
- "yo?o" will find Yogo Junzo, Ikoma Ryozo, Kyoso no Oni, etc.
- Finding stuff at the beginning or end
If you prefix your search text with a caret (^), it looks for the text at the beginning of the string. If you suffix the string with a dollar sign ($),
it looks for text at the end of the string. Eg enter "^Castle" in the Title to find "Castle of Water". Enter "Castle$" in the Title to find
"Kaiu Castle", "The Ruins of Isawa Castle", etc.
- Regular Expressions (No longer maintained)
If you know about Regular Expressions you can use most Perl regular expressions in the search.
I've compiled a list of useful examples:
- In Title enter: "oni no (tsuburu|akuma)" to find either of the two oni's.